Wednesday, March 31, 2010






At the request of the Delaware relatives, I'm adding a few pictures from our trip to Palm Springs last month. One day, while Craig was playing golf and my dad was at lunch with a friend, Nina and I went to the local children's museum. It was great! I wish I had taken a picture of her painting the Volkswagen Beetle. Yes, it's true. They had an actual VW that kids could paint. Orange was the paint color of the day (one of Nina's favorites) and she painted the rear turn signal lights and the light over the rear license plate. I mentioned to her several times that we don't do this at home -- so far, so good. She also loved the police motorcycle and the pizza restaurant. Sorry the photos in the pizza place are so dark. My phone doesn't have a flash.

We've been doing well. Nina is sick at the moment and in a great deal of pain but she's hanging tough. Mimi took her to the Seattle Aquarium today and she got a toy clown fish. She selected a pink and white fish with sparkles. Orange may be one of her favorite colors, but pink is her absolute favorite. In fact, she told me today that she doesn't like our house. "It's not pretty," she said, "can we paint it pink?" I'm thinking the answer is "No!"

No comments: