Our US Consulate appointment is this morning. Strangely enough, we don't go to the appointment. Our guide took all of our paperwork and is going to the Consulate on our behalf. After the fingerprint date difficulties we've had, I'm a bit nervous that it will not go smoothly today in spite of the email I received from the Vice Consul assuring me that it will be fine. I guess we'll know in a couple of hours. Assuming Ying Ying's visa is approved, we will go to the Consulate tomorrow afternoon to swear the oath of citizenship for her and receive a sealed packet of documents. When the packet is opened and processed in Seattle and she clears customs, Ying Ying will be a US citizen.
Yesterday we did a little sightseeing in the morning and visited a family temple/museum and an active Buddhist temple. There were tons of people praying at the Buddhist temple because it was the winter solstice which is both a holiday and an auspicious day for prayer. I think Craig took a few pictures. I'll check the camera during nap time this afternoon and post pictures if there are any that are fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment